It’s imperative the marketing you do is current and effective. Some marketing methods, while comfortable for you, become outdated and less effective. It’s important you have marketing in place that is both authentic to you and brings in qualified leads.
What works changes quickly in marketing!
This is our 11th year researching and publishing the marketing trends for the upcoming year and you are not going to believe some of what we discovered.
Whether starting from scratch or seeking to integrate one new marketing process in the upcoming year, we’ve got just the information your small business needs to make a decision.
Let’s start by sharing how our top 4 made the list.
They had to meet or exceed these criteria….
1. Free or inexpensive.
2. Easy to implement on your own or with little help.
3. Effective – not about being busy but about doing the tasks that bring in results.
Here’s a sampling of what our research shows…
Micro-influencers are online influencers with a total audience size of between 1,000 and 100,000 followers. Are you surprised by the size of their audience? I was! Take a look at why this group is valuable:
- Micro influencers are four times more likely to get a comment on a post than are macro-influencers (who usually have <10 million followers).
- Micro-influencers are more likely to post about specific niche topics and they have the loyal followings that share their passion. Important fact: an amazing 90% of consumer’s trust peer recommendations and only 33% trust ads, according to Nielsen.
- You will have easier access to them.
While the numbers aren’t huge for micro-influencers, the engagement is. Micro-influencers are more likely to personally engage with their audience than big celebrities – because there aren’t as many requests – and because they are more personable and accessible tend to have better engagement. For example, a celebrity may have 100,000 followers and have a 1% engagement (1,000 people). A micro-influencer, like myself, I have over 10,000 in my tribe with a 7.3% engagement, which is 730 people.
Why is this fact important for your small business? You may have several friends or folks in your community that are micro-influencers. Reach out to someone in this space and joint venture in some way. It’s not always to your benefit to shoot for the superstars all the time.
For example, I often feature micro-influencers on our podcast, www.FreshTrackswithKellyRobbins.com. While I do have an interest in everyone we have on the show, the micro-influencers tend to both promote the interview more frequently and have better engagement than some of the superstars we’ve featured.
Want to see the other three? Get the rest of our ground-breaking results for free here –